Blog Title

Friday, July 23, 2004

There Goes another one!

Well Poop. I got home last night and thought that right before I went to bed I'd hop online and check some E-mail-y goodness. Just the other day I reinstalled Slack 10 on my 40GB hard drive on my desktop. (I forgot just how much faster that beast is compared to the slacktop) Anyways, so I enter my room to find that sid (the hostname of the computer, for you lesser and non-nerd types) is shut down. At first I think "Did I shut that off?" then start to wonder if something hardware related could've caused the premature poweroff. The power button confirmed my fears, as pressing it did absolutely nothing. I unplugged all the devices (except for RAM, CPU, and Motherboard) and it still wouldn't light up. I don't think that there is a problem w/the Motherboard or Powersupply, as the "I've got power" indicator light on the MB was gleaming in it's blissful ignorance. So I'm looking at perhaps a poorly seated PCI/AGP card, fried RAM, or a toasted CPU. The latter two options would piss me off pretty bad... I just spent $115 at the beginning of the summer for the CPU. Oh well. Works been going alright this week. I meant to get more done yesterday, but had 80 MILLION things to take care of, and then after my class, I still had 40 MILLION things to do but had a meeting that lasted the rest of the day. Bleh. SO today's dockett consists of finishing all the projects I've been working on throughout the week. Oh, I just realized that you, Joe/Jane Reader, probably don't know what I do for work. Well I work at a Video Productions/Advertising Agency. Sound interesting? Kinda-sorta. I suppose in any work there's the cool interesting things you get to do and the awful, boring-as-hell things you have to do. Just in my mind, it seems like most everything I do is boring-as-hell. ... Ok, I typed that previous segment this morning, and now it is almost 6 o'clock in the evening. What I personally do to create posts is crack open the needlessly fast "xedit" and type to my hearts content. This is for two reasons. 1) Sometimes Firefox isn't a very Fastfox on a 333, and 2) I'm still without fast internet. Well, folks... that's all the gibberish my mind can puke at you right now. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home