Blog Title

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Another Post? Impossible!

Posted below is a post I wrote 11/25 whilst not on the internet, but I made a point to save to post later. Huzzah!
***
Howdy folks, I posting this so that I break my once-a-month posting habit. I'm currently writing you from my laptop, on which I recently installed "Vector Linux," whilst laying in bed at my house in Ida, and eating chocolate chips on a lonesome Thanksgiving night. First I'll blurb about Vector Linux. It's Fast. It runs quite well on this older laptop, which is fantastic. My only qualm with it is, (and I actually assume this was due to my error at some point...) I don't know where the kernel is. I've done a locate for vmlinuz, bzImage, and other possibilities, and I can't find them. Nor did the VL install install lilo. There's no lilo.conf. Oddly enough, the old lilo menu from my previous install worked and loaded a kernel. I have no idea how that is remotely possible, but hey, it worked long enough for me to download, configure, and compile 2.6.8.1, which is running well. Once I reinstalled lilo and tweaked a coupla things, this system is quite responsive, and I anticipate using it on this machine for some time to come. End Linux Blurb. Nextly, I wanna update on the Car situation. We've found a car that I will probably purchase. It's a 1988 Taurus Station Wagon. I'll be the hippest kid on the block with this baby. Jokes aside, it only has 60,000 miles on it (not for 16 years old) and is in good shape. The previous owner recently had work done on the air conditioning and stuff, and the mechanic that I usually go to is going to give it a once over to make sure everything is in good order. Tomorrow morning I get to take it for a spin and check it out in more detail. Hopefully I'll have a car within the week. Lastly for the evening, I wanna post about my girlfriend.I don't talk about hermuch on here, but I really should. She is very special to me, and through her loveability she has snuck into being a major part of my everyday life. I don't know what I'd do without her. Besides being absoultely wonderful, she also puts up with me, a laudable capability. I pray that she continues to not tire of my dumb antics, and that we last for a long time to come (at the very least). I love her. I hope you all have beautiful things to be thankful for as well. Good night, David Welling
***
There. I did it. I wrote a post whilst not online and actually carried through and posted it. Huzzah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home